Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Why does my workflow queue but not execute? | Scheduling Workflow without Admin Rights.

ktipping
7 - Meteor

I have a scheduler license and had admin rights when scheduling a workflow to run every morning. Since then, it has remained in the queue and doesn't execute. I also no longer have admin rights on My Computer. Details of the schedule are listed below.

• Controller: My Computer
  • Scheduler DB/On Disk: Run the workflow from its original location on disk
4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ktipping - May be a stupid question. Is your computer switched on at the time the run is scheduled? 

ktipping
7 - Meteor

@ArtApa - The machine stays on 24/7 so there's no risk there. Would losing admin rights cause the scheduler to not longer run?

ktipping
7 - Meteor

I've yet to find a solution after attaining admin rights and changing user rights. Please let me know what information I can provide to help find a solution.

ktipping
7 - Meteor

I wanted to share a few details below:

• Alteryx Designer + Scheduler
  • Scheduler DB (Run a copy of the workflow stored in the scheduler DB) not utilizing original location on disk option
  • Source File is accessible by Source Machine

Shamelessly trying to reply in order to attract more attention to this issue since it has persisted for some time now.

Labels