Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why does my output get broken into two or more documents?

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi

I'm running a workflow that performs an API request. I do the JSON parse, then send the output to a document to be used by another process later. 

The output will sometime, but not always, break the data into two or more .csv documents. Why? Also, this behavior is inconsistent. I may get the output in two documents, or on another run, I may get three. Each document, 14 of them, is less than 10M in size with the exception of one. 

I'm testing the same data as I'm building the workflow, so I'm using the same date interval against the same table using the same API call. I've provided a screen shot of most of the workflow in case it provides a clue. 

The Union of all docs does not break up - - it saves as one doc.

thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Archaeopteryx,

There is a configuration setting of the output data tool that will break data into multiple files based on a field. If this setting is enabled in your workflow, that's why-- it's breaking your data into groups based on the listed field and outputting as many files as there are unique values. Hope this helps!

output data configuration windowoutput data configuration window

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

CLMC9601,

I was using Date Time Now as the prefix to the file name. I changed it to Date Time Today. The file breakup occurred due to seconds in the time of day. I get it now.

Thank you,

Chris

Labels