Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
SOLVED

Why does my Unique Tool get reset/blanked out? I have to re-run my workflow to even use it

8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

For some reason in one of my containers, I have 2 Unique tools. Both for some reason get reset when I open the workflow up or haven't touched it in a while on my screen and essentially forces me to re-run the workflow to get a view of what fields I can do a Unique on. I get an error when running the workflow saying 'At Least One Unique Field Must be Selected' and then when clicking into the tool I get a blank screen with no fields to pick from until I re-run the workflow for it to pickup the fields right before that tool. What is the reason for this? Any way around it? Big time sucker to have to re-run the workflow so much just to re-select my necessary fields and again re-run the workflow.

17 - Castor

Hi @hydrogurl01 

This one is a strange issue. I think you should drop a mail to support team support@alteryx.com they might be able to help you.

And once its resolved please do let us know how it got resolved so that its helpful for others.

15 - Aurora

@hydrogurl01 
Just maybe, can you check if you have checked the auto configure?

AutoConfiguure.png

8 - Asteroid

@Qiu 

That was it! I don't even recall checking that button - thank you! Is there a performance/optimization trade off by checking/unchecking that?

17 - Castor

Thats amazing @Qiu 🙂

Learnt something new 😀

15 - Aurora

@hydrogurl01 
Normally, I dont think we can even notice the trade off, unless you have a really huge one.
Thanks for the mark.

12 - Quasar

Hi, @hydrogurl01 

In addition to @Qiu fantastic insight, have you considered using the Sample Tool instead of the Unique Tool?

IMHO, the Sample Tool might be more performant + might not present the inconvenience you've mentioned.

I hope it works out. Cheers!

Labels