Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why does filed content cause error when input multiple Excel sheets?

EmmyCC
7 - Meteor

Hi deal Alteryx friends, I am self-studying Alteryx with Interactive training. Today I ran into a weird problem and I hope I can get your help to understand how did it happen.

I tried below workflow as practice of "input multiple excel sheets", the data sheet I tried with was from my work, with only 2 sheets seperated by me from one sheet, so the schemas are exactly the same.

After tried to input 2 sheets together in different ways, I realized when the data in "notes" column which exist in both sheets, can affect the input results. Somehow if I keep the "notes" column data as they were, then I get 1 error telling me that the schema on both sheets are not the same, but if I modified them in some random way, and run Designer again, it worked perfeclty.

The data in "notes" columns are in Chinese, they are 1 or several sentences, while there are other columns are in Chinese as well.

I'm wondering if anyone run into the same problem, and how can I avoid this kind of error in the future.Thank you.

the workflow I tried with to practice input sheets at once.the workflow I tried with to practice input sheets at once.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@EmmyCC 

I was not able to replicate your error.

Can you upload your errous workflow?

0122-EmmyCC.PNG

EmmyCC
7 - Meteor

Hi Qiu,

Although you were not able to replicate the problem , followed your screenshot I tried changing my code page into CB18030, and my workflow just worked correctly finally 🙂

I don't know if I keep this code page will cause other problems, but I will try and see. 

Thank you.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@EmmyCC 
Glad to know it gets resolved, even I am not sure I really helped.😁

Labels