Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why do I get an error if I output one record and get no error if I output two records.

mutuelinvestor
8 - Asteroid

I'm working on a workflow that inserts a record into an Azure SQL database. When I try to insert a single record, I get the following error. Duplicate Key Was Ignored.  Insert into [...].

When I run the same workflow but insert two records (the exact same reocords) everything works perfrectly and I get now errors.  

In the case of two records, I'm using the two follow records:

Capture2.PNG

In the case of one record, I'm using the following record. 

Capture1.PNG

Here are the results I get from my workflows

CaptureR.PNG

Each of the output tools are configure identically as follows:

Capture4.PNG

Has anyone seen something simlar to this.  Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?  I appreciate any thoughts or ideas you have.  

Thanks,

Jim 

2 REPLIES 2
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I am not sure of the underline cause but have you tried using a dummy record to bypass having a single record? This will at least get your workflow runing until someone can come up with a solution.

mutuelinvestor
8 - Asteroid

Andrew thank for the reply.  You suggested is actually part of the solution that I finally did come up with. 

Several issues were contributing to my problem, most of them related to how I created my SQL table.

1. My first mistake was when creating my primary key I used a seed value of zeror (0) instead of (1) as a result when I was trying to use Update /Insert if New and using a zero-value for the Id I was getting a duplicate primary key.   

So now I'm using [Id] [bigint] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL instead of [Id] [bigint] IDENTITY(0,1) NOT NULL,

2. Secondly, when I defining your primary key contraint, you have the option of IGNORING DUP KEYS.

CONSTRAINT [PK_CHART] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
(
[RACE_Id] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON)
)

3.  Finally, per Andrew's suggestion I also used a dummy record to bypass the single record issue. 
Labels