Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Why do I get an error if I output one record and get no error if I output two records.

mutuelinvestor
8 - Asteroid

I'm working on a workflow that inserts a record into an Azure SQL database. When I try to insert a single record, I get the following error. Duplicate Key Was Ignored.  Insert into [...].

When I run the same workflow but insert two records (the exact same reocords) everything works perfrectly and I get now errors.  

In the case of two records, I'm using the two follow records:

Capture2.PNG

In the case of one record, I'm using the following record. 

Capture1.PNG

Here are the results I get from my workflows

CaptureR.PNG

Each of the output tools are configure identically as follows:

Capture4.PNG

Has anyone seen something simlar to this.  Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?  I appreciate any thoughts or ideas you have.  

Thanks,

Jim 

2 REPLIES 2
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I am not sure of the underline cause but have you tried using a dummy record to bypass having a single record? This will at least get your workflow runing until someone can come up with a solution.

mutuelinvestor
8 - Asteroid

Andrew thank for the reply.  You suggested is actually part of the solution that I finally did come up with. 

Several issues were contributing to my problem, most of them related to how I created my SQL table.

1. My first mistake was when creating my primary key I used a seed value of zeror (0) instead of (1) as a result when I was trying to use Update /Insert if New and using a zero-value for the Id I was getting a duplicate primary key.   

So now I'm using [Id] [bigint] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL instead of [Id] [bigint] IDENTITY(0,1) NOT NULL,

2. Secondly, when I defining your primary key contraint, you have the option of IGNORING DUP KEYS.

CONSTRAINT [PK_CHART] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
(
[RACE_Id] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON)
)

3.  Finally, per Andrew's suggestion I also used a dummy record to bypass the single record issue. 
Labels