Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Which is Faster: Multiple Filter Tools or a Single Filter Tool with Functions?

Deliverance
7 - Meteor

So, this could easily be tested but I wanted to see what the community thought and if anyone has feedback around speed and efficiencies. I've already discovered IF statements take longer than if you could do the same via a couple different tools. I'm sure there is a limit to that depending on the complexity though. Not sure if this holds constant but I tested in a particular workflow and found this to be true in my case.

Do you think it's always best for speed to limit tools using the settings/formulas if a single tool could accomplish the same thing? So in this example, would a single filter tool using OR statements be better than 2-3 separate Filter tools?

Deliverance_0-1582319065245.png

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Multiple filters are faster if they actually filter out records. Keep up the good work and keep your workflow East to test and maintain. Simple is hard. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels