Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Where is macro Search Path stored?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

We are hoping to make sure that all users of the designer can be set up to point to a shared macro path.

In order to do this - we want to include this configuration as part of the installer.

Do any of you know where these macro search paths are stored - are they in the registry, or a non-obvious file that we can update?

thank you all

Sean

@revathi

2018-07-11_0-07-21.png

5 REPLIES 5
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sean

They are in "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros\User_02394b0e-ca87-418d-aa68-4b76ccb0669b.ini"

I think a file per folder and any guid of your choice.

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You're a legend @AdamR_AYX - thank you.

Going to try this today!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

We got this working @AdamR_AYX - thank you!

Now we can build a standard macro search path into our internal installer so that it's zero-config to set this up on each designer client.

Appreciate the help!

jensroy
9 - Comet

Hello!

I am going to do the same thing as you. I have one question though, is the "user*.ini" file unique per user?

Also, I saw that for users who have not yet activated their licence, the folder does not yet exist yet. I suppose I can created the folder and file as part of our IT rollout, but what about the file name? Did if work to user "any" file name there?

naveenu
5 - Atom

Hey Sean, do we know the path now in our current version; seems the location has changed. 

Labels