Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Where clause help for between two "dynamic" dates.

Tybo
7 - Meteor

I've googled for days and no luck. Trying to Filter either with "Filter In-DB" or a "where clause". Both require sql code but I can't seem to find what works.

I want to filter my data by the first of the current month and the last day of the month 11 months from this month.

SELECT *

FROM abc.123_Resource

WHERE 

RESOURCE_DATE BETWEEN "first day of this month" and "last day of month 11 months from now" 

Essentially, a year's worth of data based on future dates starting from this month. 

I've attached a picture of my most recent attempt out of 200 from "google-ing".

Thanks!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Tybo
7 - Meteor

Data type is DATE TIME

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tybo - In-db tools enable blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database, which can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods that require data to be moved to a separate environment for processing. You don't need to use SQL in your case. You can use a Filter In-db: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/filter-db-tool 

Tybo
7 - Meteor

Unless I am mistaken, the In-DB filter doesn't work like a regular filter tool. You still have to write the filter code of the database's native language. Is this correct? I was able to use the regular filter but when I copied the filter code to the In-db filter it didn't work.

Labels