Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Where can I find the sample data for the Alteryx Tutorials

Teknion
5 - Atom

Where can I find the sample data for the Alteryx Tutorials (built in tutorials)? I looked where it says it is installed but the folder is empty.

12 REPLIES 12
PaulT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If Alteryx was installed on a 64 bit machine using all the standard installation recommendations you should be able to find them at:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\SampleData

sbushman
5 - Atom

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\SampleData Doesn't seem to be the place where my SampleData is on my machine.  Are there any other common locations it gets loaded by default?

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

For Non-Admin installation, sample data could be found in :

%localappdata%\Alteryx\Samples\SampleData 

%localappdata% is an environment variable which will usually look like : C:\users\MyUsername\AppData\Local\ 

screenshot_nonadmin_samples.png

srikant96
9 - Comet

the ALTERYX I have is 11.5.1.35081 and under samples data folder i see only these two folders

1.  CalgaryData

2. PresidentImages 

unable to make any connection to the files referenced in tutorials ( the following files are referenced in the tutorials - 

addressdata.yxdb

cutomers.csv

transactions.xml

Kopinski
6 - Meteoroid

In my case, the "CO_Sales.xlsx" seems to be missing - the "CO Store File - North.yxdb" ... etc. exists, not the xlsx-file. 

Can I download that file somewhere?

Thanks for any help/hint.

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Kopinski,

File CO_Sales.xlsx is not part of a standard Alteryx Designer installation. Did you see it in any particular example?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

Kopinski
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I reviewed a youtube-video which I believe was linked from the Alteryx.com-Domain and that examples used also the xls next to the yxdb-files. 

Should be this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=827&v=TreN5bLjzQ4

KaiochanX3
5 - Atom

Hi, I have the same issue as I cannot see where I can find the CO_Sales.xlsx file.

JohnJeckmans
7 - Meteor

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Getting-Started-with-the-Alteryx-Designer/td-p/351678

This one refers to CO_sales.xlsx and is part of the introduction course to Alteryx.

If you (like I do) want to follow step by step, it's not possible. PITY.

Labels