Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Where can I find the icon images for the tool categories?

Harbinger
9 - Comet

Weird (but cool) question, 

Working on building a designer usage viz using the newly available designer usage data on the server (see here for details). Basically, I am building a few visuals to depict trends in tool category usage (see below for an example). I am doing this with Tableau which has the ability to use custom images for the marks on the canvas (circles in the below example). Does anyone know where I can find the naked tool category icons? They must exist somewhere because you can select them as the icon for custom-built macros. (ignore visual best practice violations in viz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, k thx!) 

day and category graph.PNG

Best, 

John

3 REPLIES 3
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Harbinger

You will be able to find them in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\icons

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

jwalder
10 - Fireball

Actually, if it is the actual Category icons you want, i.e. the ones that appear on the Category tabs, then they are here:

{AlteryxInstallation}\bin\RuntimeData\icons\categories

JonA
Alteryx
Alteryx

Just updating based on a recent upgrade to 19.2.

Here's where tool icons shifted to:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\HtmlAssets\help.alteryx.com\AlteryxCurrent\en\images\Tool_Icons

Labels