Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

When order by, there is error message "invalid calculation: Division by 0"

jennyaster93
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a question about error message "invalid calculation: Division by 0". I had made divisor "null if it is zero" and it is okay and I can get decent result. But when I order by field name then, the error message will show up. Any ideas about how to fix this? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DanS
9 - Comet

Hello, 

Could you post an example of your workflow with dummy data (or anything non-proprietary) to show where the error is happening? 

Thanks,

Dan

jennyaster93
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reply. Sorry I cannot give any dummy data at this point but i will try to explain the context. I am doing all the calculations and sorting within in-DB tool. The division exist when I need to calculate rate so I use null if zero function to selected divisor so that I can make sure there is no 0 divided. It works fine and I can be given decent result. But When I try to order by ID and date, it shows error message about "division by 0".

jennyaster93
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I fixed the problem. I miss one step using NULLIFZERO() which is divisor. Still thx for your reply.

Labels