Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What top 3 tools are used the most?

guadalupemota
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alteryx Community,

I'm really enjoying the Alteryx platform and learning about all the tools it offers. However, I want to know which are the top 3 tools you find more useful and tend to use the most when working on a workflow. Excluding Input Data tool and the Output Data tool.  

Bests,

Guadalupe Mota

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @guadalupemota ,

Leaving basic tools outside, such as formula, join, filter, sort, summarize and things like that.

My top 3 tools are:

Multi-row: To work as in excel, where you can check cells near others relatively

Regex: To be able to identify patterns and to parse difficult things where there are no delimiters

Fuzzy Match: To be able to find non-identical duplicates in your dataset, such as customers duplicated with misspelled names.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

Hi @guadalupemota 

You can review the Alteryx Periodic Table!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/The-Periodic-Table-of-Alteryx-tools/ba-p/64120

The tools are sorted by popularity. Answering your question, the top 3 tools used are input, browse and select, then you have filter, join and summarize.

Hope this helps If does, can I ask you to mark it as a solution? this will help other users to find it and will allow us to close the thread. Many thanks!

Best,
Diego

Labels