Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What tool to use after join

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Team Mates,

Appreciate your help on this.

I am trying to do a vlookup for the 2 files for the account number and TE factor. I used a join tool. and i was able to join the matched items which have same account number and same TE factor.

now my question is where can i see the unmatched items, as the objective of these workflow is to create 2 excel files. one for matched items and another for unmatched items.

the unmatched items should have matched account number and unmatched TE factor. Which tool should i used.

then lastly, is it possible for my output file to be just 1 file with 2 tabs?one for matched and another for unmatched. then can you also help me out to rename my output file with current month and current year

I've attached the files and workflow for your reference

appreciate your help.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jaemilao One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1662581608634.png

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

Hi, i cannot open your package file, can you share as a workflow please? so i can review and check. Thanks

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs thanks. i got the same result for the matched item.

can you help me out?for the unmatched item, the expected result should be only 4 records. we want the  imputfile1(account number)=inputfile2(GLaccount number) but the te factor do not matched the gross factor (jan2022)

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jaemilao Can you provide those unmatched records ?

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs i've attached the file with the matched and unmatched tab. and the screenshot of expected unmatched items in my unmatched tab

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @jaemilao , Here is my solution to your statement. To get the unmatched records you just have to join the unmatched solutions from the join to another join tool to get matched accounts. Please accept my solution if it helped.

grazitti_sapna_0-1662616870739.png

Sapna Gupta
jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna Thank you for that one. i was able to finish it this morning and we got the same workflow :)

May i ask for another question, can you help me with the formula of renaming my file with this format : "TE Factor Report_092022" i want the current month and year get affixed on the end of my file name.

at the mean time i will try to research on my own too.

Thanks again

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jaemilao you need to add a formula tool in your workflow and update the file path like below

binuacs_0-1662674238343.png

Also, you need to change your output tool configuration like below

binuacs_1-1662674341599.png

Labels