Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

What is wrong with my Multi Row Formula?

qasdxx
7 - Meteor

I am using a multi row formula to try to create a new field that would input years and increment based on a string value in the first column. However, it does not seem to be incrementing (ie going from 2020 to 2021) when it encounters the string value. The first photo shows that the date is correctly starting at 2021. However, in the second photo, the value does not increment to 2021 based on the string in the first column. EDIT: CHANGED TO "RANK THIS WEEK" and still doesn't work. PictureThis_20210630_182937.jpgPictureThis_20210630_183013.jpg

1 REPLY 1
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

HI @qasdxx,

Since this is a Weekly Challenge, you should be able to look at other solutions to see how they completed the challenge.  However, I note a couple of things with your formula:

1. Formulas are case sensitive.  Look at what you have in your formula compared to what is in the data.
  2. Your formula is looking to the previous row.  If you correct the above issue, what will [Row-1:New Field] + 1 return?  (Hint - It isn't 2021)

Part of the learning in Weekly Challenges is working through the roadblocks you encounter.  Hopefully this gets you on your way and I encourage you to keep working through the Weekly Challenges.  They are super for learning Alteryx and the best practice for the Grand Prix!

Labels