Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

What is the specific WGS84 GCS?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I need some help identifying the specific default WGS 84 Geographical Coordinate System for Alteryx. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Not_That_Guy ,

This can be answered using the Projection Support page:

“If one of the mentioned spatial formats are chosen, Projection is visible in the Output Data Tool Configuration options.“

The quickest way to find a detailed reference for the default WGS 84 GCS is the Output Data Tool. It allows you to review the EPSG code for the available Geographic Coordinate Systems/Projected Coordinate Systems available in Alteryx.

First, the Edit Projection window is opened by selecting a spatial file format (SHP, GML, MDB) as the File Format.

Select a spatial File Format (Ex: Shapefile).Select a spatial File Format (Ex: Shapefile).

Selecting the “...” button in Projection opens the Edit Projection window. Highlighting the different options in this window displays the associated EPSG code. This reference code can be used to verify the definition of the default WGS 84 Geographic Coordinate System.

Highlight an option to review the associated EPSG code.Highlight an option to review the associated EPSG code.

Hopefully this information was helpful!

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
I learned the best way to export to esri is text with point files using lat/lon to avoid the beating of field truncation in shapefiles. All other geometries I use shapefiles and deal with the field rename issue. On the projection- use web mercator on your output in alteryx.
Labels