Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What is the best way to allow one input or the other?

Brad1
11 - Bolide

I'm looking to combine two Apps on the Server into one.  A choice needs to be made up front by the user.  Do they want to enter an Account Number or do they want to enter a Tracking Number.  Right now these are two different workflows that give the same results.  I'm imagining it's a radio button or check box or something similar.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Brad1

When building apps like this, I prefer to use Radio buttons to control Tool Containers with different input configurations. Radio Buttons rather than check boxes because I only want one options to be selectable at a time. Tool containers are also useful because a slightly different set of tools will likely be necessary to build the same input for the rest of your workflow based on the two different input options.

I have attached an example of this. 

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Thanks!  That is exactly what I needed to see!

Labels