Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

What is it with Alteryx SQL Queries and Enter Keys?

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Too often, when I do queries on MySQL (Workbench) and paste them to Alteryx (Input Data or Connect In-DB), the same query usually generates an error.

There are times when Alteryx just inserts a space between !=. In many others, it just flags enter keys as errors and I'm forced to remove them manually. It gets VERY tedious when the queries are complex.

It's driving me nuts.

2 REPLIES 2
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RonGatmaitan can you show an example of what you mean? So are enter keys being interpreted as \n newline characters? Or if the query such as "!=" falls at the end of the line the ! and = get split? 

Also, to replace en masse on newer versions of Alteryx you can use the find and replace function.

Best,

Peter

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @PeterA1. Sorry for the late reply. Email didn't send notification. Other than that, it was hard to recreate.

It was much like the pi ("π") symbol being inserted, prompting Alteryx to generate errors. Also, it could have been the <Tab> character I place to make my MySQL statements more readable.

I will send it here as soon as it occurs again.

The "!=" errors are more tolerable as they are easier to find.

Labels