Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What happens to the results when a flow is executed as an app?

asteryx
8 - Asteroid

Hi - I'm just starting out converting workflows to apps.

I've been through many videos and tutorials, but none discuss how to handle the results.

As a workflow, the outcome can be seen in a Browse tool, for example. But after adding an Interface tool, and running via the wand app launcher, I don't get any results. Do apps have to send results to a file or something always? That would make them useless to me. I just want to make it easy to edit parameters for workflows and macros I use over and over.

What happens to the data when a flow is executed as an app?

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@asteryx

In the Interface Designer window (Ctrl+Alt+D) the properties (wrench icon) can configure the Results you see when your app is complete. By default, the results in browse tools are deselected. Check these boxes and those results will be displayed when your app is complete.

App Browse Results.png

Another tip that might help: temporary files. If you want to test writing a file, use the file path "%temp%" in your Output/Render tool and it will write a file to the Alteryx temporary workspace. An example path would be "%temp%\Test_Output.yxdb".

asteryx
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Labels