Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What exactly is an app?

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

So this is a newbie question.  In all of my Alteryx experience, an app is created when I do something like add a File Browse tool.  Some type of tool that requires human interaction.  Is it possible to change a workflow into an app without it having any type of prompts?  What I mean is, can you create an app that, when double clicking it, executes the workflow within - the inputs and outputs already been hard coded to specific locations on the network?  Thanks :) 

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi!

In the Workflow Configuration screen, on the Workflow tab, there is an option to specify the Type.  You can change any standard workflow to an Analytic App, which, when saved, will open the App screen.  It won't automatically kick off the process just by double clicking, but it will say "this analytic app requires no configuration", and the user just needs to click "Finish" for the app to run.

Hope this helps!

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you :)

Labels