Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What Snowflake ODBC Driver should I have in order to use bulk load

aminhas
5 - Atom

I currently have Snowflake Driver 2.21.06.00 and I don't see the option to select Advanced Options where typically I should be able to select Retrieve Entire Results Into Memory.  Based on the current help article (https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/snowflake) it states that the Snowflake Driver is only supported for the Snowflake driver 2.20.1.

To top it off, Snowflake Driver 2.20.1 is no longer available to download. I would appreciate any help in resolving this confusion. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@aminhas 

The bulk load should work with your driver version as well. The Supported driver suggests that this was the version the feature was tested with. 

When configuring your Output, choose the bulk option

MichalM_0-1600119685475.png

Data Source name should pick up your available Snowflake DSN. If you're on Alteryx v2020.3, you will be able to use the Local staging as well to perform the bulk load

MichalM_1-1600119780272.png

aminhas
5 - Atom

Thank you for the reply. That is how I setup my bulk loader and it is working.

As for my ODBC Driver for reads from Snowflake I ended up installing the 2.22 latest Snowflake ODBC Driver and then I configured my Driver configuration to use a tracing level of 1 and specified the schema as well this time. That seemed to do the trick. 

Labels