Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Weird excel headers output

AlexCela
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I am currently having a weird issue regarding building a weekly excel report via alteryx (which did not exist last week) 

Basically when outputting my data to excel, a lot of headers, starting from a precise fields, get printed correctly (the same title name in Alteryx and in Excel) but when clicking on the headers cell, the value is the same header but truncated or abbreviated, changing therefore the value of the headers in excel and making it impossible to update a weekly pivot table based on these headers... And oddly enough, among all these weird headers, one is working good, the "No DSM Qty" 

Here is some pictures

chelou titres excel.PNGmoins chelou titres.PNG

This is very weird haha. If you have any insights, it would be awesome thanks 🙂 

Cheers 
Alex

12 REPLIES 12
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @AlexCela 

Here's one way you can go about it.

w.png

First make sure that the First Row Contains Data option is checked in the Input tool

i.png

Then the 2 sample tools separate the 1st row from the rest.  Use a data cleansing tool to remove the line breaks from the first row and then a dynamic rename to take the field names from the now cleaned 1st row.  Union this with the rest of the records byt position  and use an auto field to set the field types for the columns.  

r.png

Dan

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AlexCela 

Try this! The real key is the highlighted field.

skip line.PNG

Attached is the workflow.

Digan
Alteryx
AlexCela
7 - Meteor

@DiganP @danilang  Thanks all for your inputs, it works 🙂 

Labels