Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Weird Network Problems with Workflow Output Files

dYoast
11 - Bolide

We have a workflow that writes 3 files as .xlsx with the Render tool.  The files write, but different users can not open 2 of the files with Excel.

The files are stored on a server at location B.  Users at location B can open the 2 files, but users at location A can not.  

I did some testing and set the workflow to write to a server at location A and the server at location B.  All writes were with the Render tool and as .xlsx.

A user at B can not open the 2 files on server A and the user at location A can not open the 2 files on server B.

Next, I change the Render tools to write as .xls.

Both users can open files using Excel.

I then added Output tools for the 2 files in addition to the Render tools.  The Output tools write as .xlsx.

Both users can open the files from the Output tools using Excel.

The only difference I see in Property Details of the files is that the program name from the Render tool is Composer and from the Output tool it is Designer.

There are other workflows using the Render tool as .xlsx that have the same problem.

We have had our IT department looking, but they have not had any luck yet.

I think both servers were patched on Tuesday.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@dYoast please open a case with our Support team. This may be an issue or something that is expected that we need to address. 

dYoast
11 - Bolide

@DanM- The issue has "corrected" itself, so I will hold off on contacting support.

Users can now open files that they could not.

The only change that occurred was a reboot of one of the servers over the weekend.

Ultimately, I think it had something to do with Windows patches installed on Tuesday.

Labels