Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Weighted Average tool not reading in selected fields

robshiffer
7 - Meteor

I'm using the weighted average tool using fields that I know are in the workflow, but I'm getting the below error

Weighted Average (124) Formula (12): Parse Error at char(1): Unknown variable "OIA_Ordered Volume (KG)ed Average PO" (Expression #1)

That field is a combination of the Value Field and the Weight Field, and not a field that I selected in the tool. Is there a way to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @robshiffer,

Any way you can share a small sample of the data in the flow or maybe a screenshot of how your configuration for the Weighted Average tool?  My first thoughts are that either A) There is something weird going on in the data types for the value and weight fields or B) Characters in the field names are throwing something off.

Another option to get some more insight would be to turn on more detailed info from the Weighted Average tool by clicking anywhere in the canvas, choosing the Runtime tab in the configuration menu and selecting "Show All Macro Messages".  If you run the flow again we may get some more helpful messaging based around the error.

Best,

Chris

robshiffer
7 - Meteor

Hi Chris,

Below is a screenshot of how my WA tool is set up. I also turned on "Show All Macro Messages" but didn't get anything more than the single error message

WA Setup.PNG

ChrisHe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So I need to untangle exactly why this is happening but it appears that having the word "weighted" in the field name is what breaks the tool on my end. Can you please try re-naming "OIA_Weighted Average PO" to something like "OIA Average PO" and see if it completes?

-Chris

robshiffer
7 - Meteor

That did the trick! Thanks

Labels