Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Weighted Average Calculation Help

jcyc
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I was trying to calculate weighted average for a number of companies that have $ values and Quantities. I tried using the weighted average tool but all it ever does is return the values instead of calculating a weight average for each line item. I've attached my workflow. Any help is appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Could you attach the data spreadsheet as well?

jcyc
7 - Meteor

Sure thing. See attached.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You have asked it to group by Company. This means it computes a weighted average for each unique company name.

2018-10-17_18-08-33.png

Unticking that and then you get a single combined weighted average:

2018-10-17_18-08-11.png

Hopefully, this is the answer you from the data. Otherwise could specify what output you expect.

jcyc
7 - Meteor

Mr. Dunkerly, is there a way to calculate a weighted average by Company and Item type? See attached excel.

jcyc
7 - Meteor

Actually, I assume I would just tick the "company" and "item type" boxes, correct?

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Yep spot on.
napplewh
8 - Asteroid

I also need help to calculated Weighted averages. I have a list of codes by organisation and about 16 fields. What I am trying to do Is create a list of peers by calculating weighted averages based on each other. 

Can anyone help?

Nigel

jcyc
7 - Meteor

Hi, could you mock up some dummy data?

napplewh
8 - Asteroid
Here is some dummy data for what I am trying to do

I know that a particular organisation has 10 similar peers but I need to calculated the weighted averages using Alteryx!

Can you help?

Nigel

_________________________________________________________________________________

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail
Labels