Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Weekly Challenge App

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Function:

I created an analytic application to let me know:

1. Which weekly challenges I haven't completed.
  2. My weekly challenge progress (i.e., how many weekly challenges I've completed).

Background:

I keep a folder on my Windows PC that has a png for each of the weekly challenges I've completed. The naming convention is my_weekly_challenge_[weekly challenge number]_solution.png. For example, my_weekly_challenge_310_solution.png. FYI, each png is a screenshot of the Alteryx workflow I made to solve the challenge (see spoiler for an example).

Spoiler
my_weekly_challenge_338_solution.png

Workflow (yxwz):

Spoiler
wc_app_1.png

Interface:

Spoiler
wc_app_4.png

Result Tab 1:

Spoiler
wc_app_2.png

Result Tab 2:

Spoiler
wc_app_3.png

Conclusion:

Please let me know what you think. The intention is to keep the application simple; I have no need to download the weekly challenge files for the challenges I've yet to complete.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@acarter881 
I think it is nice to have an analytic App like this.
If I can be frankly, the difficulty here would be that the user has to creat some sort of mark, the picture with naming convention in your example, before it can be used.

But It is alreayd so nice to come up a work flow with so many tools and functions involved. Nicely done.
You should alrealy be aware of, there are some quite often used workflow to collect the weekly challenges completed, one sample is below.
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/m-p/454563#M249...

acarter881
12 - Quasar

@Qiu Thanks for sharing. That is a very robust and impressive workflow.

The only advantage my workflow has over that workflow is that it is real time. For example, the data from the workflow you referenced is updated daily. My workflow operates based on what is currently in my folder. Nevertheless, thanks again for sharing. That workflow is something good to refer to / study.

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@acarter881 , great work here!  Could you please mark this post as the solution so that other's in the community can know that this is not a problem to be solved?

This will help keep the community threads/posts clean and help other members navigate community more efficiently. 

Thanks. 

Labels