Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Week of the month

natalieking
7 - Meteor

Does anyone know how to calculate the week of the month?

For example, today is 30th October 2018.

I would like a formula that returns 5, as today falls in the 5th week of October.

1st November would return 1, as it would be the first week of November.

I would like the weeks to start on a Monday if possible.

Thank you :)

6 REPLIES 6
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think:

Ceil((DateTimeDay([Date])+ToNumber(DateTimeFormat(Left([Date],8)+'01',"%u"))-1)/7)

Should work

• DateTimeFormat(Left([Date],8)+'01',"%u")

Will get the day of the week of the first (with Monday as 1)

• ToNumber(DateTimeFormat(Left([Date],8)+'01',"%u"))-1)

Corrects it to be 0 - 6 with Monday being 0

• Next work out days since the Monday before the first of month 
  • Finally divide by 7 and round up
natalieking
7 - Meteor

Thank you, this works perfectly :)

cabarun
5 - Atom

This is helpful. I am also looking for Week 1 to Week 13 for the same Quarter. For example Jan to March is 1 quarter and there are 13 weeks in it. Monday to Sunday being 1 week. How do I convert date so that I get Week 1 to Week 13 for the block of 3 months. If I use the formula you suggested it gives me Week 1 to 5 for 1 month and same for the next month. I am looking for the continuation as Week 5 or 6 as the case may be for the 2nd month.

Thanks

LeiCheng
8 - Asteroid

@jdunkerley79 ,I have some further questions, why the Monday should be turn into 0? and %u means what? Thank you so much

banurekha11
5 - Atom

Its working in most of the cases but I am not able to fix it for May 7th 2021. It should be Week1 but the formula gives Week2.

davidhe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

excellent work as always @jdunkerley79. I share @LeiCheng question about how the formula works? How does '%u' count from Monday?? 

Labels