Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Week Number to Date Formula?

rachel9989
5 - Atom

Hi, I have a set of data that has week numbers instead of dates, and I'm trying to add a column with a date to go onto do time series forecasting. I imagine it's possible to input start date and keep adding 7 days, but I will eventually be using files with different starting week numbers so if it's possible to avoid doing this for every file that would be best! I know there are ways to go from a date to a week number, but I haven't used Alteryx enough to know if there's a way of doing it the other way around? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rachel9989 ,

Do you have the information about the year ? Or do you have only a column with week numbers as 1,2,3...51,52 ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Here's one way. From year and weeknumber, find the Monday of the 1st week of the year, then add the (weeknumber-1) * 7days to that date.

Example attached

DavidP_0-1589362355855.png

jaclyn
6 - Meteoroid

How would I make this work for data that spans 2-3 years?

For example, I could have 2 records with week "12," but one record has a value with 2012 in the year field and the other record has 2013 as the year.

Labels