Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Web scraping

msve
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

There's a website - https://www.treasurydirect.gov/instit/annceresult/annceresult.htm from where I would like to scrape data single row of data from the table on the website. Would like to get the first 26-week row data. I tried using the download tool but not able figure out how to get to the table. 

msve_0-1628647148926.png

11 REPLIES 11
msve
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot for everyone's quick response. What an awesome community we have here. I would have never been able to figure this out on my own. Thanks a lot @cmcclellan for your detailed explanation and the workflow. I will recreate this by following the dataschool and your instructions. 

Regarding updating URL with the time, do I have to do this every time before running the job? This is a weekly job that that I was planning to automate. 

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Thanks 🙂 but check the workflow - there's nothing to update, just take the end of the workflow and use.  You can run it every hour because the data will change.

Labels