Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Web-driver Exception error while running chrome-driver and Selenium using Python

Nagiri
5 - Atom

Hi Friends,

I created small web-scraping  workflow, which opens and authenticate the user login and after few seconds, it will logout automatically.

Currently, I am using trial period version for now to get my hands dirty in the Alteryx tool.  I used Selenium package for web-scraping. When i try to create session using webdriver.chrome() method, I am getting webdriver exception error saying that 

(chrome not reachable)
  (The process started from chrome location C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe 
is no longer running, so ChromeDriver is assuming that Chrome has crashed.)

While executing  workflow, I am able to visualise the chrome icon will appear for few seconds and vanish out immediately.

Note: If i run the same code section as a script/ notebook in some other IDE's it's  working properly and I am able to open chrome through selenium  web-driver.

Kindly someone help me out

1 REPLY 1
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Nagiri 

I found an interesting article on Stack Overflow on this python selenium: WebDriverException: Message: chrome not reachable - Stack Overflow. I am able to call the webdriver.Chrome method like this:

wd = webdriver.Chrome(r"C:\Users\example\Downloads\chromedriver_win32\chromedriver")

could you send over a screen shot of the error?

all the best,

Ira 

Labels