Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Web analysis

TG17
6 - Meteoroid

I want to know if i can use alteryx to plug data from specific columns into drop downs within a web page and run the application on the site to receive the output. In more detail, i want to take variables like year, make, model, value, and miles for a car, and have a workflow that plugs that into a depreciation calculator online and return the value for some amount of years later. Seems like a stretch, but anyone have a solution? 

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TG17 ,

It is totally possible to get that done, but how difficult it is going to be is totally dependent of the way the application is build. For instance, if we need to send a simple REST, it is easier, but if you have user login, cookies and things like that, it starts to get complicated.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

TG17
6 - Meteoroid

I am glad to hear that, there shouldn't need to be a log in or anything, as there appears to be plenty free to use car depreciation tools online. 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Using selenium and the python tool is the best way to go about this. Take a look at this community article for more information. Selenium has functions that allow you to pick values from drop downs, enter values in boxes on sites, click things, etc.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Python-Code-Tool-Web-Scraping-Dynamic-...

Labels