Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Web Scrapping Bloomberg

rohithannole
5 - Atom

Please help!

I am trying to do web scrapping on Bloomberg site to get companies data but the webpage is identifying Alteryx download tool as robot and it is redirecting to "are you a robot" page.

Please help me out on how I can get the required page details into download to by bypassing the captcha page.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @rohithannole 

Bloomberg is an information company.  They make money by selling information.  As such they have very strict rules about how you can access their data.  This clause from there terms of service is the relevant one in section "4. Restrictions on Use"

You shall not use or attempt to use any “scraper,” “robot,” “bot,” “spider,” “data mining,” “computer code,” or any other automate device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Service, any data or content found on or accessed through the Service, or any other Service information without the prior express written consent of BLP

They do have an API that you can call, but they'll probably charge for that as well.

Dan

Labels