Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ways to add a tool to the Canvas in Designer

Ossai
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm new to Alteryx and currently going through the Interactive Lessons.

In "Fundamentals Week 1", under the "Introduction to Alteryx Designer" section; the video lesson mentioned 3 ways in which a tool can be added to the Canvas in Designer.

This concept was tested in the end of lesson quiz. The quiz has 4 answer options and it is only marked correct if you select the 3 methods taught in the lesson. However, I noticed that the fourth option is also correct. I can bring in tools into the Canvas if I double click on the tool in the Tool Palette.

Does anyone know why this option, which seems to work, is marked incorrect? See attached screenshot.

Tool_Palette_Canvas_2.png

4 REPLIES 4
ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Ossai,

The ability to double-click to add a tool to the canvas is a newer function that was added to Designer in the 21.1 release. The lesson was simply created prior to that feature and needs to be updated. Thank you for pointing this out so we can update the lesson!

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Ossai ,

This feature was introduced in version 2021.1 (see release notes here), but when the video was released in the Interactive Lessons that wasn't a thing.

Surely something to be amended so other people don't get confused. Bringing this to the attention of @WillM and hopefully this can be communicated internally?

EDIT : Oops, too slow, sorry for the tag Will

Ossai
5 - Atom

Thanks @ianwi and @AngelosPachi for the clarification.   

sudhalakshmi0821
5 - Atom

I am about to submit a question on the same. This one found it useful. 

Labels