Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Washing text / change placement

ErikH
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have tons of titles of products that have the wrong brand name placement. Some can be at the start, middle and end of a title. 

Is it possible to do a mass rename with alteryx to place the brand value as the first name? Example:

Title Wanted Title Brand Name
WUE Philips Hue 2000-->Philips Hue WUE 2000 Philips Hue
2800 Philips Hue WUE-->Philips Hue 2800 WUE Philips Hue
 2100 WCA 8.4W-->Philips Hue 2100 WCA 8.4W Philips Hue

I do have a column with the brand name.

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ErikH ,

You have two possible options (in my opinion):

1. Use a join tool to get the data. For that you would need that the original data and the desired data are mapped.
  2. Use a find replace tool: This would do the same but not as strict as in a join tool given that it can be configured to not be case sensitive or to look for a specific part of the fields. Be careful, this would need to be done in a macro since the find replace only looks for the first match and leaves the rest intact.

Regards

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ErikH ,

if you have a list of all existing brands, you could Append the Brand field to the title, and use a Replace formula to remove the brand from the text (wherever it may be placed within the title) and add it to the beginning. Sample workflow attached.

Best,

Roland

sneha_bhiwagade1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Erikh,

You can solve using a formula tool.

New Tittle:  

[Brand Name]+' '+REGEX_Replace(Replace([Title], [Brand Name],''), "\s+", " ")

Please check the attached workflow.

Thank You

Labels