Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Washing text / change placement

ErikH
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have tons of titles of products that have the wrong brand name placement. Some can be at the start, middle and end of a title. 

Is it possible to do a mass rename with alteryx to place the brand value as the first name? Example:

Title Wanted Title Brand Name
WUE Philips Hue 2000-->Philips Hue WUE 2000 Philips Hue
2800 Philips Hue WUE-->Philips Hue 2800 WUE Philips Hue
 2100 WCA 8.4W-->Philips Hue 2100 WCA 8.4W Philips Hue

I do have a column with the brand name.

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ErikH ,

You have two possible options (in my opinion):

1. Use a join tool to get the data. For that you would need that the original data and the desired data are mapped.
  2. Use a find replace tool: This would do the same but not as strict as in a join tool given that it can be configured to not be case sensitive or to look for a specific part of the fields. Be careful, this would need to be done in a macro since the find replace only looks for the first match and leaves the rest intact.

Regards

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @ErikH ,

if you have a list of all existing brands, you could Append the Brand field to the title, and use a Replace formula to remove the brand from the text (wherever it may be placed within the title) and add it to the beginning. Sample workflow attached.

Best,

Roland

sneha_bhiwagade1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Erikh,

You can solve using a formula tool.

New Tittle:  

[Brand Name]+' '+REGEX_Replace(Replace([Title], [Brand Name],''), "\s+", " ")

Please check the attached workflow.

Thank You

Labels