Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Warning message as an output?

ayoun
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx community,

I was wondering if there is a way for me to export the Messages/Warnings/Errors.  As you can see in the screenshot below, I've gotten far as to making a customized warning message into the workflow.  However, I wanted to finalize this by being able to export the custom Warning message (i.e. "Data Validation Message (Invalid File) | File name TA is not a recognized file").  Alternatively, be able to create a table with the warning messages as a field.  (If it is even at all possible...)

Hopefully I am clear enough with my question.

Thanks

image.png

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Well, any messages you get in the results window are placed in a log file which is generated for each run, if you have it turned on, you can turn it on and customize where the messages are written too in the user settings.

This may be useful but doesn't really answer your question.

To get the error message as an additi9nal column you can just use a formal tool. Your error message will be written on a condition being met, you could write this in a formula tool too.

Something like...

IF field = 'yes' then 'file validation error, field equals yes' else null() endif

I think you'd need to share your workflow so I can understand how your messages are triggered to off advice beyond this :)

Ben
Labels