Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Warning after adding new row into my dataset

ArvinM
6 - Meteoroid

I have multiple CSV files that I run my workflow every month to generate a report. This month I added a new company to my data set that does not exist in previous files. I am getting a warning after I added a new company to my CSV  that it said "Warning: Input Data (137): The file "G:\...\June 2022\New.csv" has a different number of fields than the 1st file in the set and will be skipped "

That company whit all their data would not appear in my workflow.

8 REPLIES 8
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @ArvinM 

It sounds like you're using a wildcard input or dynamic input to load the data. This requires all of the data to have the same schema, so an additional column will cause the file to not be included since it is different. You should consider using a batch macro to load the data. Take a look at this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Batch-import-files-with-varying-schema...

ArvinM
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Luke_C

Thanks for your help. I looked at the post that you mentioned, before going to try that I want to confirm that I am not dealing with CSV files that include multiple Sheets. I have two files each month and each file has one sheet. for this month I have added a new store at the end of my dataset. do you think the batch macro will be a solution for this?

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@ArvinM 

Yes, understood that CSVs don't have sheets - similar concept applies though. Batch macro will be your best bet. Can you attach 2 sample CSVs with each format?

ArvinM
6 - Meteoroid

here an example of my data set and the differences 

ArvinM
6 - Meteoroid

@Luke_C

This is a screenshot of my workflow 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Here's an example:

Luke_C_0-1662579187751.pngLuke_C_1-1662579212238.png

ArvinM
6 - Meteoroid

Perfect, Thank you so much!!!!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

No problem, let me know how it shakes out and accept the solution if it's all set.

Labels