Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Warning Message When Reading Time > 24 Hours - Input Data Tool

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I workflow that has a field computing the time elapsed between 2 dates using MySQL's TimeDiff. Problem is, Alteryx flags it as an invalid time format if it is greater than 24 hours. Alteryx flags as warning as early as the Input Data Tool, so I don't have the chance to correct it.

One thing I'm considering is just to get the 2 dates and let the formula tool do the computation. Problem is, what format would be acceptable (to Alteryx) to output it as? Ideally, one that can be sorted and not as string.

Thank you very much in advance, Alteryx community. This has been a big help in my Alteryx journey. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RonGatmaitan 
I think Alteryx treat HH:MM:SS format as a time stamp rather than value for the time difference.
We can show the time difference in the unit of "Hour", "Minute" or "Second" if it is acceptable for you.

0122-RonGatmaitan.PNG

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for this. I'll ask if this is acceptable to the users. So no way I can format in HH:MM:SS if it's a time difference?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RonGatmaitan 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1642841234673.png

Note that even though this is in HH:MM:SS format this is not the actual time since hour > 24

Hope this helps : )

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for this, @atcodedog05. Will have a go at it as well. 🙂

Labels