Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Warning Message: Duplicates were found of "PublishToTableauServer\Publish"

jackie_liu
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I've been running a workflow in Alteryx 2018.1 and publishing a data source to Tableau via the Tableau Server 1.0 tool. Today, I switched over to the Tableau Server 1.08.1 tool and when I run the workflow, I get this Warning message (screenshot below): Duplicates were found of "PublishToTableauServer\Publish to Tableau Server.yxmc".

Warning Message.JPG

The workflow still completes but I try to minimize/resolve warnings where possible. Does anyone have any idea how I can handle this warning?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@jackie_liu

When you "switched over" did you remove the old version of the tool?

This error usually comes from a macro/tool being installed twice or mapping a custom location that includes macros already installed.

jackie_liu
8 - Asteroid

That's it. I did not remove the old version of the tool. Thank you!

gene_denny
8 - Asteroid

Having the exact same issue but, for the life of me, I am unable to locate the old one or figure out how to remove it.  

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@gene_denny - check the following locations:

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools
C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins
C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools

Simply delete the unwanted version (entire directory).  If they're not there, it's likely that you installed them in a location of your choice at the time..

Labels