Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Want to filter previous 14 days based on hire date

mattcoleman
8 - Asteroid

I've found quite a few relevant topics in the community, but none of them seem to be working. I have a 'Hire Date' that comes in from a .csv into Alteryx in the format 4/16/2007 (general formats to 31988 in Excel....days from 1900?). I want to filter out only records that go backwards from today 14 days, so people that were hired in the last 14 days. The DateTimeToday() function has a different date format YYYY-MM-DD, and when I try to convert it from Excel to Alteryx I can't seem to get it working.

It seems like this has been covered a few places, but for some reason it's not working for me. My 'Hire Date' comes in as a V_WString, and I've tried changing it to a Date, DateTime, and an Int before converting to Alteryx date format, which all give me errors.

2 REPLIES 2
BPurcell2
9 - Comet

As you noticed, Alteryx reads dates as "YYYY-MM-DD."

You can use the DateTime tool in the Parse category and convert from string to date and selecting the MM/dd/yyyy (4/16/2007).  When Alteryx reads a .csv file it creates all fields as "V_String."  Even if you change the format in your source csv to (2007-04-16), you'll have to add a select tool to convert it to a date.

mattcoleman
8 - Asteroid

Definitely worked exactly as you stated. Converted the string to date using the DateTime tool (thought I could do that in Select, but guess not), then created a new column DateDiff using DateTimeDiff() in a Formula tool and filtered that number <= 14.

Thanks BPurcell!!!!

Labels