Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Vlookup lies between

rohini
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

In my data I have a days column which ranges from 0 - 800, based on this column I want to add a age of the bill column which will give me like if its 0 to 41  days the it would be  6 weeks or less and further. In excel i did this by vlookup. In alteryx sould I give this as manual input or an if formula.

As I tried the manual input it only shows for 0 - 6 weeks, for 42 - 6weeks.

06 weeks or less
426 weeks - 2 years
7302 years +

Thank you

Regards

Rohini

2 REPLIES 2
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rohini 

I would suggest creating a new field with a Formula tool with the following expression:

iif([Days]<42, "6 weeks or less", 
     iif([Days]<720, "6 weeks - 2 years", "2 years +"))

This first checks if the Days field is less than 42. If so, the new field will say 6 weeks or less. If not, it will next check if the Days field is less than 720. If so, the new field will say 6 weeks - 2 years. If neither of those conditions are true, the new field will say 2 years +.

Hope this helps!

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @rohini 

Great idea, @Kenda   You could also use an append tool to append all of the possible lookups, and a filter to find where they lie in the lookup table. 

and finally, you could use a generate rows tool to find all of inbetween values, and a join tool to match. 

let me know if that helps. 

cheers!

esther

Labels