Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Vlookup Macro

superjesse
8 - Asteroid

Hello folks, I found a vlookup macro in this community and it is very close to what I need. I attached it to this message.

My challenge is this. I have date end only, and I need the macro to sort that way. 

Example data. The top data is the lookup. If my data has a trans date of 5/1/18 then I want the second row to be chosen. The date is less than 6/1/18, but greater than 3/1/18. The macro does it greater than the date, and I need it to do less than. I also have to group by first column. For each person I need this done (example only shows one example for a Person A)

The bottom data set shows what I want to see. I want to add the correct 'Person A #). I've been wracking my brain for hours trying to figure this out. The end result is I'm just adding a column to my data set with the 'Person A -(1 or 2 or 3..etc.)

Capture.PNG

Thank you so much in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
superjesse
8 - Asteroid

This is great!!! Thank you so much.

Labels