Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Visual sum

taxaccountant1
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow with various containers. The final output for each container is a Summarize, followed by a Browse tool. I am summarizing total costs at the end of each container.

Is there a way to visually state the total cost of each container underneath each container of the workflow, to where I don't have to click into the browse tool and can see an updated amount each time I run the respective container?

Thanks for your time and help!!

4 REPLIES 4
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@taxaccountant1 

From my experience, you are required to click on a browse tool in order to view the results. 

I tried testing to see if you inserted an image of the final number updated by a render tool within a comment box, but it did not update the number until you went back to the location. 

Are you interested in the number being shown to change every time you run the workflow? 

You can always export the number as an image using a text input and render tools, and then embed the picture within a comment box, but that will not update the comment box every time you run the workflow.

Let me know your thoughts to my response. 

Please accept as solution if you think its the best you'll get.

Thanks,

Jacob

danespoors
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure that you can have it display the amount outside of clicking it but there could be one way around this.

If you have "x" amount of summarised data, you could union all of the results together and then browse the results. This can be a side channel to the workflow and would mean that if you name things sensibly you would be able to see what the totals are for each tool e.g.

Workflow          Title                         Answer

1                       Sum of records       1452

2                       Count of stock         100495

etc.

You can draw other next steps after this but then you'll have a side step where you can see all the data together and you don't need to click on a lot of browse tools.

Hope this helps,

Dane.

taxaccountant1
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @jacob_kahn. And yes, I am interested in seeing the updated never each time I run the workflow. After doing some research, it doesn't appear I can do so. But thanks!

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

@taxaccountant1 

AWESOME!

BTW, I'm also a tax accountant! 

Labels