Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Visual Layout to Render Tool Issue

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not sure what I've done, but all of a sudden my WF is giving me an error when I send a report from the Visual Layout Tool to the render tool. I have several workflows that leverage this tool and only one is acting up. The render tool says the Layout is missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you click on the drop down where layout is currently selected? I'm curious if the column is named something different for some reason. You can also add a select tool after the layout tool if you want to change the name of the field. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

@BrandonB thanks for the reply.

Yes, when I click on the dropdown for layout in the render tool, nothing else is there, just says "Layout (missing)". Tried adding a Select tool after the Visual Layout tool and the only available option is "*Unknown" and still nothing is being brought into the render tool. Going to try and take the Visual Layout tool off and bring it back in and see if that solves for some reason. Will report back.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@BrandonB Not sure what the issue ended up being, but removing and replacing the Visual Layout tool solved the problem. 

Cheers!

Labels