Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Visual Analytics Tool kit for Tableau Online ?

jeeva_ganesan
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I downloaded the visual analytics kit for Tableau and installed without any issues. I pointed it to our tableau server and published the data source without any issue. But when I tried to point it to our tableau online URL, it could successfully login and not able to publish the data source, I am getting this error - "No entity found for query" . Can anyone help me get over this?

Regards,

Jeeva.

12 REPLIES 12
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I believe Tableau changed several things in V9. Try pointing your Tableau Online URL to https://10ay.online.tableau.com and let us know

jeeva_ganesan
8 - Asteroid

I am getting different error this time.. Here are the screenshots..

2.JPG1.JPG

Most important thing is I am able to publish the data to tableau server, getting this only when I access tableau online.

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You really got me on this. Perhaps, the guys at The Information Lab can help us.

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Hey guys

Firstly I think it's certainly worth noting that we're hoping soon Alteryx will move these tools into the main product, so we've stopped maintaining ours in anticipation - it was becoming a lot of work - I can't promise when Alteryx will release it or if you can beta test them in advance, perhaps @AmyH can advise?

In the meantime it looks like you tried everything, though I'd suggest just checking you have the latest version installed (download from www.theinfromationlab.co.uk\att ).

Apart from that the best I can suggest is waiting for the fully supported version, sorry!

Regards

Chris

jeeva_ganesan
8 - Asteroid

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I downloaded the version from informationlab site as well. Same error persists. Now only option is to wait for the official version.

Regards,

Jeeva.

AmyH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jeeva,

Yes, we are deprecating the Information Labs version of the Publish to Tableau in the next Tableau Kit which will be released later this month.  We are in Beta with our new version of the macro and it is slated for release in November.  If you are interested in Beta testing, please contact JC Raveneau (jraveneau@alteryx.com).

Thanks - Amy

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Will do...Thanks Amy

jeeva_ganesan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot Amy. That makes sense, will do.

MaryB
7 - Meteor

Any update on this? I am working on a project where this would be critical and I am hoping the update is available.

Labels