Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
The Expert Exam is now live online! Read about the specifics and what it took to bring it to life in the blog by our very own Elizabeth Bonnell!

Virtual Solutions Center | Share your experience!

Highlighted
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

TWS-VSC-social1200x628.pngStarting a thread to capture feedback on the new Virtual Solution Center!

For those who aren't familiar, the Virtual Solutions Center enables all registered members of the Community to schedule a 1:1 session with our staff in real-time. Check out the announcement blog to learn more.

If you've leveraged the Virtual Solution Center, we'd love for you to share a bit about your experience by replying to this post.

I included a few questions to help guide your response, but please feel free to share whatever you'd like:

1. Why did you decide to leverage the Virtual Solution Center?
  2. What did you learn during your session?
  3. Would you recommend the virtual solution center? Why?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Leah Knowles
Manager, Global Community Engagement
Alteryx

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I have used the VSC twice now.  Both times, they solved my problem, but what I liked about it was the support person's desire to show me cool tricks he knew that I didn't.  I also didn't have any trouble getting near-immediate appointments.    

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I have also used the Virtual solutions center on a couple of occasions - On the first occasion the advisor I was chatting to was incredibly helpful and knowledgable, taking a real interest in my problem and showing me a workflow that would allow me to achieve what I was looking to do.

The second time I contacted the VSC, the same advisor was able to support me through the installation issues I was having and again resolved the issue for me.

This service on its own is well worth the licence fee we pay !!

I'd encourage people to use it to address issues provided you've done the work to try and do it yourself first

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

I've used the VSC once now, and applaud alteryx for taking the initiative in these trying times.

We ran into some technical difficulties with the audio, but were still able to work through my issue via the chat. I appreciate the commitment to trying to solve my alteryx problem even in the face of less than ideal conditions.

I would totally recommend the VSC, as it's a quick way to get direct support and help with any issue.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I used the VSC once and was impressed.

Was trying to use a radio button in two places and was instead, introduced to chained applications.

Very interesting.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

The VSC is an excellent initiative on Alteryx's part and I will have used it twice after today! Very useful to have that sort of 1:1 time to solve issues that arise, but I first do some searches within the community to see if I can solve my problem that way. Instead of becoming frustrated because I cannot find an answer within the community, I simply reach out to the VSC!

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I have utilized the virtual solutions center multiple times to help complete macros. They were extremely helpful and even followed up with me via email on complex macro solutions. 

Would highly recommend every time. 

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Only been on Alteryx for about a month.

I have used the VSC a number of times now.

I love the fact that you can get one-on-one support on a remote platform.  

I like how you can book multiple meetings, usually with in a couple of hours at pretty much any time of the day.

I haven't had success on many occasions, and have received solutions for the community.  

On other occasions I have been told they do troubleshoot custom builds and 3rd party tools.

I have had some real successful meetings.  There are different style that engineers deploy.

I had one meeting with a presentation, PowerPoint slides and all, but only had 5 minutes to trouble shoot; the other was real hands and walked me through selecting and configuring the tools.. Fortunately I was able to schedule another one-on-one the following day and got the same engineer, in two instances, which was great.  

I like the 30 minute window.  However if you book back-to-back 30 minute meetings it would be nice to work with one engineer for the whole hour.

I had one engineer that couldn't solve a problem and worked on it, and sent it over by email a few days later, but unfortunately it wasn't a solution.  

Later I did receive a solution to my post on the community.   

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I have already used the VSC a few times and it is great.  I decided to use it so that I can get help with my workflows and not have to wait on hold or wait for a callback.  The biggest things I learned was different ways on how to troubleshoot an issue.  I highly recommend the VSC for the flexbility and the knowledge that the support people have.

Highlighted
9 - Comet

VSC is one of the great initiatives rolled out (I guess on a short notice post Covid-19). What an amazing way to connect with Alteryx Solution Engineers and get their ideas. I have used VSC couple of times to brainstorm complex issues and hear from their about their thoughts. Like couple of friends have mentioned, most of them amazing people (there are always outliers) who have followed-up post call with solution or more ideas. Great way to engage customers and help them solve problems!

Labels