Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Vertically Aligned Text in Report

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Does anyone know how to vertically align data for a report?  In the example below (blue highlights) I am able to add a category called Group A, Group B, Group C.  Is there a way to do this in Alteryx?  I thought about creating a text input with my three categories in row 1 in say Field 1, 3, and 5 (with Field 2 and 4 providing space) with the thought that I could put that into a table, then use the transpose tool, but either I didn't do it properly or it doesn't work.  Is there any way I can do this?  I imagine that I'll need three tables:  the yellow section on the left, the blue categories as one "column"/report, and then the yellow section of data on the right all joined together later.  I can do all of that, but just need to figure out the blue highlighted section first.  Any other approach (especially a simpler one) is welcomed!  Thank you.

djodts_0-1575584703022.png

4 REPLIES 4
JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @djodts 

Is there a reason you do not want a regular column reading horizontally with the Group repeating for each row?

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JamesMA 

In our case, it's mostly for aesthetics.  I know my image below is a bit of an eyesore, but it does look much better on the actual report.

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@DJota 

I would recommend exploring some of the tools in the Reporting Category to see if you can produce something aesthetically pleasing similar to the format you have shown.

mmarshallbdtcap1
5 - Atom

Did you ever sort this out?

Labels