ALTERYX INSPIRE | Join us this May for for a multi-day virtual analytics + data science experience like no other! Register Now

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Vertically Aligned Text in Report

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Does anyone know how to vertically align data for a report?  In the example below (blue highlights) I am able to add a category called Group A, Group B, Group C.  Is there a way to do this in Alteryx?  I thought about creating a text input with my three categories in row 1 in say Field 1, 3, and 5 (with Field 2 and 4 providing space) with the thought that I could put that into a table, then use the transpose tool, but either I didn't do it properly or it doesn't work.  Is there any way I can do this?  I imagine that I'll need three tables:  the yellow section on the left, the blue categories as one "column"/report, and then the yellow section of data on the right all joined together later.  I can do all of that, but just need to figure out the blue highlighted section first.  Any other approach (especially a simpler one) is welcomed!  Thank you.

djodts_0-1575584703022.png

JamesMA
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @djodts 

Is there a reason you do not want a regular column reading horizontally with the Group repeating for each row?

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JamesMA 

In our case, it's mostly for aesthetics.  I know my image below is a bit of an eyesore, but it does look much better on the actual report.

JamesMA
Alteryx
Alteryx

@DJota 

I would recommend exploring some of the tools in the Reporting Category to see if you can produce something aesthetically pleasing similar to the format you have shown.

Labels