Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Version 11 not running version 10 formula

BarleyCorn
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

In my old version of alteryx I had the following DateTime in a formula tool to create a new column with Week Commencing based on a column of dates:

Week0Comm = datetimeadd(tostring([Year],0)+'-01-01',1 - tonumber(datetimeformat(tostring([Year]),0)+'-01-01', "%w")),"days")

Followed by:

WeekComm = datetimeadd([Week0Comm], tonumber(week)*7,"days")

And output in old version gave me WeeKComm with the correct week commencing for the date in the data.

The error message in the new version is centered on the '-01-01' 

Old workflow is attached. Help Please!!

3 REPLIES 3
Balders
11 - Bolide

Your error seems to be focused around the DateTimeAdd in Week0Comm. I'm not sure what changed between version 10 and version 11 but I think the first part of the DateTimeAdd needs to explicitly be a date. If you wrap a date time parse around [Year1]+'-01-01' then the formula works. In full this is the formula that I got to work.

datetimeadd(DateTimeParse([Year1]+'-01-01',"%Y-%m-%d"),1 - tonumber(datetimeformat(tostring([Year1],0)+'-01-01',"%w")),"days")

I hope this helps :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Tom,

Here is a version for you to try.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@BarleyCorn I just ran into the same issue as you where I was creating a date with strings in 10.0 but my formula didn't work in 11.0. It seems as though they've fixed it in 11.3.

Labels