Do you use Alteryx in a language other than English? If so, we want to hear from you! Please help us improve the international experience of our products by participating in this 5 minute survey.

We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Varied results from API using download tool

jhustin
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to use the download tool to get the results of an API call. Everything seemed to be working fine, but I noticed some results were missing from one run. I did some further investigating and found the download tool gets different results from the API call every time it is run. My dataset should be slightly over 10k records but each time it runs it only returns a random subset i.e. 6,600 7,200 7,400 etc. I added a formula tool to check the length of the download data and it is indeed changing each time it is run, even though the API is not. The request only takes about a minute to run so I don't think it's related to timing out either.

jhustin_0-1588184114090.pngjhustin_1-1588184131223.png

jhustin_2-1588184139171.png

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Would you mind providing a link to the API documentation? The download tools should be just returning what is received from the API endpoint. Have you run the request through something like Postman to compare the results? This will help you to isolate if this is Alteryx download tool behavior or just a result of what the API is returning. 

Labels